Thursday, November 19, 2020

Staffsgiving



The other day, someone I used to work with (and I greatly admire) posted the following on her social media page, "Y'all ever miss co-workers from past jobs?  I've met some really good people over the years."  And it got me to thinking, "I really have worked with some of the best people in my life."  So many times these women and men have seen me through some tough times.  They've celebrated the birth of my girls, they've laughed at my lame jokes, and they've listened to me vent about all the things life throws my way.

I've come to understand that as time drifts by, co-workers come and go.  One thing that Covid did that was totally unexpected on my part was to force us to re-evaluate who we are and what we want out of life.  That self-reflection took three people from the Aldersgate staff and moved them in a new direction.  As much work as hiring new people can be, it also gives me an opportunity to meet new people.  These new people bring a fresh outlook on the ministry we do, they bring excitement to our team, and they bring themselves into my life.

So today I celebrate my co-workers.  Each one of them challenges me in their own way.  Each one gives me a perspective on ministry and on life that I wouldn't have without them.  And each one brings to the table so many gifts and graces for ministry that fills the gap.  I love these people not for what they do, what they give, or even for how they help me.  I love each one of them just for being who they are.

+Grace and Peace,
Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment